The White Pants Panic


I know that I owe you all a recap from my trip to FL but that is way more in depth so its going to have to wait.  To tide you over, I have my experience from this last week to share with you!

Having sat out of all but one (rather disastrous) show last year I am itching to get myself back in the ring.  I considered the options and decided to aim at a dressage schooling show for March 18th.  Great!  Except that was 2 weeks away at that point.  Uh oh!!

My trainer used my lesson on Saturday to go over some of the rules and courtesies that happen at dressage shows since they are new to me.  We also ran through the entire test I am going to do. Training Level, test 1.  This is trotting and cantering with a few circles thrown in, very basic because I do not need more to remember on our first outing!  The other thing we went over was turnout.

Y'all, I need WHITE pants.  This is a big deal.  I am not allowed to own anything white, especially clothes.  I put on something white and it is instantly not white.  I have accepted my no white rule but this call for white pants is out of my control.  To the internet!!!  I have ordered a few pairs in the hopes that one of them works for me for what is now next Sunday.  The trouble is finding the full seat silicone britches.  Coming from a world of tan knee patch britches, I just don't find the full seat suede pants comfortable, they have a feeling akin to what I think a diaper would feel like, pass.

So fingers crossed for me on the pants portion.  That's all I am really concerned about.  I already have my test memorized (thank you dressage sportif tests in college for teaching me how to do this)!  I will have to break out the old warm-up pants and say a little prayer to the god of white pants to help me!
I fear they will never be this white again...





Comments

Popular Posts